Life Groups (a.k.a Sunday School)
“And the things which thou hast heard from me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.” 2 Tim 2:2
Life Groups have always been and will always be about evangelizing and equipping people to become faithfully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ. We here at Clements have found it to be so much more. Life Groups is a place to build real relationships with real people like you…a place where real people share real needs, and a place to find real answers from a real Savior.
Life on Life (Discipleship)
The fundamental reason Clements Baptist Church exists is to make disciples. God’s goal for us is not simply salvation; His goal is that we would become disciples once we are saved. It is not enough to say we are on our way to heaven. God desires our lives to become like the One taking us there.
Discipleship is the developmental process of the local church that develops spiritually immature Christians into mature saints that, in turn, reproduce themselves into someone else.
What discipleship is not:
• It’s not a set of books or materials that you can read or study.
• It’s not a particular class or program that you can sign up for.
• It’s not a one- or two-hour Bible study.
• It’s not faithful attendance.
What real discipleship is:
• Real discipleship is a relationship – someone that really cares for you.
• Real discipleship is a life on life process – pouring your life into another believer, showing them how to live for God with your life.
• Real discipleship is reproducing yourself in someone else – teaching someone to serve as you serve, to live for Christ as you live, to walk with God as you walk.
• Real discipleship is “fruit that remains” – people that move from being spectators at church to becoming committed, involved, and excited about doing something for the Lord.
2 Timothy 2:2 And the things which thou hast heard from me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. There are 14 lessons we use as tools for our Discipleship ministry as we commit to faithful men to teach others. Christ took 12 men and freely gave to them so they in turn would freely give to others. That Gospel freely given has spread throughout and may not stop with us but only continue stronger one person at a time. It is our desire to help connect you with someone who will begin to meet with you though out the week to begin Life on Life with you as you both work through the 14 lessons together.
If you wish to sign up for one of our classes please email our Minister of Education at email@example.com